Tutorials and How-tos/Secure Remote Access to Bubba via WinSCP
A convenient way to access your files stored on Bubba in a secure way is to use a SFTP program. WinSCP is such a program for Windows. Information about WinSCP from their website: "Its main function is the secure file transfer between a local and a remote computer."
- Download WinSCP, winscp.net/eng/download.php. Click the link "Installation package" on that page, download the setup.exe file
- Install WinSCP on your PC. You find instructions here: winscp.net/eng/docs/guide_install
- Set up a connection in WinSCP to your Bubba, you find instructions here: winscp.net/eng/docs/guide_connect. Use your external IP address / domain name as host name. Connect with a Bubba user that has "Shell login" activated. Be sure to select SFTP as protocol.
- Your firewall has to have port 22 open as SFTP uses that port. If you run Bubba as router you find the firewall settings (logged in as administrator) under "Network", "Firewall". If not using Bubba as router, please consult your routers documentation on how to open ports.
- Done! Now you should be able to browse your files on Bubba.