Tutorials and How-tos/Install a No-IP Client
To use No-IP, you have to first create an account at: http://www.no-ip.com/getting_started.php and the following guide allows you to enable your Bubba to tell No-IP when its IP address changes.
1. Access your bubba via SSH (see Howto/Access Server via SSH for information how to accomplish this)
Change to the user root:
(By default: When asked for password, type excito and press enter)
2. Install the application:
apt-get install no-ip
3. Configure the client using the responses you setup when configuring your No-IP account:
- Your account Name: (Example: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Your password
- The right interface to choose from the list is 'eth0'
/usr/bin/no-ip -C Auto configuration for Linux client of no-ip.com. Multiple network devices have been detected. Please select the Internet interface from this list. By typing the number associated with it. 0 eth0 1 br0 0 Please enter the login/email string for no-ip.com : email@example.com Please enter the password for user 'firstname.lastname@example.org' ******
4. Check you have configured the software correctly:
/usr/bin/no-ip -S 1 no-ip process active. Process 2922, started as no-ip Using configuration from /etc/no-ip.conf Last IP Address set 0.0.0.0 Account email@example.com configured for: host bubba.zapto.org Updating every 30 minutes via /dev/eth1 with NAT enabled.
5. Restart the client program: