Create new language files
[Edit: updated 2012-10-01 to reflect new gettext-based language system in B3]
Do you want to contribute and add your own language files to B3? Wonderful. Do like this:
- Go to http://b3.update.excito.org/pool/main/b/bubba-frontend/
- Downlod the latest .tar.gz source code file, currently it's 126.96.36.199
- Unpack it and you'll find a folder named 'po'.
That folder contains all source files you need, either to improve a current translation or to create a new one. Use any gettext tool to make the translation, for instance www.poedit.net/. The rest is rather self-explanatory, but if you have questions, don't hesitate to ask.
In poedit you can either open every single file, or you can use the catalog manager to open all the files at once, to keep a good overview on what's left to do. The structure is:
- help - all the context-sensitive help information (shown when pressing the question mark in the B2/B3 web UI). One pot-file per help section
- php - all strings used in php code.